Skip to main content

Lagos Cinema Palava...



Going to the cinema in Lagos, in the evening and during holidays is a "no-no".

Why? - The most happen at the cinema.

If you're not sitting next to a talkative, you're sitting in front of that one who has seen the movie and has come again to be a spoiler, or you're sitting behind the one who's in the cinema hall to take selfies and fiddle with his/her phone during the screening of the movie - thereby disturbing you with the phone light.

Those who come late to the hall when the movie had begun, knowing so well that the hall is full and there's definitely no vacant back seat, will climb the stairs hoping to find a vacant seat, with their flashlight in your face ( and NO sorry will be said) then, they'll obstruct your view for about five, ten seconds or more as they decide whether or not to sit in front.

In the end, guess what? - they'll go down the stairs to seat in front. - As I do the worst to them in my mind (Slap, Kick, Punch, Break their legs... Arrrghh).



You also have those who "laugh out loud" at the lamest joke but can't laugh at the Oscar-winning joke 'cos it's beyond them. - And when did clapping become a thing? - The actor pulls a stunt and he get's a standing ovation just as the actor is about to say something worth the standing ovation. But then, they all continue to clap and analyze the stunt then miss out on what the actor had said.

All of the above listed are those I can tolerate. Those I can never tolerate, are those who have no idea about the movie they are watching then they begin to ask questions during the screening or drag religion and culture into a movie.

What does your pastor have to do with Passengers?

If your culture forbids Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis' Friends With Benefits, what's your business here?



So my perfect movie time at the cinema is in the morning (weekdays) or late night. then you have fewer people in the hall.

What ticks you off the most at the cinema - s.h.a.r.e with me in the comment section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Easter Holiday

Just when every soul is filled with Holiday spirit, mine is filled with work spirit. - When I work the most is when you are on holiday and when I'm on holiday or when I work less is when you work the most. Well, if you work in the entertainment industry, you'll dig. So how did my Easter turn out?      - Good Friday kicked off with Media rounds with and Aramide and the evening was all about #OneNightOnly With Runtown. Ol'boy, the show was massive. if you missed it, oh well, I don't get why you did. Going forward, Good Friday and early Saturday morning (3:00 AM) when the show ended, was work, work, work for me. So let's say I had a lazy Saturday - I slept and woke twice :D. - At 4:00 PM, I went on to do my radio thing and headed home after being ticked off by a colleague.         That's me on my phone as always.      - Sunday, where else do you spend your easter holiday than with your family. So I spent my Easter Sunday with my Uncle and A

Danfo Chronicle – episode 1. – “Ojota to Omole – N300,000”

Danfo Chronicles – Wait, you don’t know what danfo is? Ok, Danfo is a yellow minibus with two black stripes that emerged in the 70s and has since then been the means of commercial transportation plying virtually every route within Lagos State. How the word “Danfo” did came about? I don’t know. But some say it means “Hurry” in Yoruba. So, commuters who travel from their homes to their offices - or wherever their destination may be, sometimes engage in one conversation or the other with one another (total strangers). They talk politics, sports, social amenities, Music… (Yea! In that order). On rare occasions will you hear commuters talk fashion and movies. I’ve decided to share conversations (relevant conversations) discussed in Danfos here on my blog and to get your 2cents about whatever topic discussed. Let’s call this; Danfo Chronicle – episode 1. – “Ojota to Omole – N300,000” The other day, on my way from Ojota to Omole, I joined this

One Night Only - With Runtown

Friday, April 14 was super LIT! - One Night Only - with Runtown was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G  - Landmark Event Centre came to live with back-to-back performances from Runtown and Industry's finest; Tiwa Savage, M.I, Timaya,  Skuki, TJan, Terry Apala, Lil Kesh, Attitude, Ycee and a whole lot. It was all about the sound God - Runtown and he did deliver an excellent show - Plus Twerking paid off for six lucky girls who "Bent Down and Pause" to Runtown's Bend Down Pause. Runtown gave five of the girls One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000) Each and gave the audience favorite Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N500,000). DJs on deck were DJ Consequence and DJ Lambo. Hosts were Ehis - Special Slim of MTV Base and Do2dtun of Cool FM. - The Band and Dancers were all so on point. Bits from B.T.S - Images Courtesy - Clicks & Tones - Emily Nkanga