Skip to main content

#MyKitchenAndI - Refrigerating Liquids



I last refilled my 10 liters cooking gas cylinder in December 2016. Err... before Christmas I guess. So today, April 15, 2017, I tried lighting the stove, only for me to realize that I was out of cooking gas. - Anyhoo the gas guy came to my rescue.


I love my kitchen so much that I keep tabs on everything that goes on in my kitchen - Well till I get married - but till then, "MY Kitchen Is My Kitchen."


So today, I learned something new from a friend about storing liquids in your refrigerator. - What did I learn?

 - Freeze Liquids In Useable Potions!


Most people love to cook at weekends so, during the weekdays, they just take from what they had frozen. So the trick is when freezing for the week, freeze in useable portions.


When you make your soup, stew and all of the liquid stuff, turn them into flat squared or rectangular plates with lids. that way, you don't have to defrost all of the soup.


So for each day of the week, you finish every plate of soup you defrost. Also, Make sure you freeze your foods as flat as possible. The flatter and wider, the faster they'll freeze and defrost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Easter Holiday

Just when every soul is filled with Holiday spirit, mine is filled with work spirit. - When I work the most is when you are on holiday and when I'm on holiday or when I work less is when you work the most. Well, if you work in the entertainment industry, you'll dig. So how did my Easter turn out?      - Good Friday kicked off with Media rounds with and Aramide and the evening was all about #OneNightOnly With Runtown. Ol'boy, the show was massive. if you missed it, oh well, I don't get why you did. Going forward, Good Friday and early Saturday morning (3:00 AM) when the show ended, was work, work, work for me. So let's say I had a lazy Saturday - I slept and woke twice :D. - At 4:00 PM, I went on to do my radio thing and headed home after being ticked off by a colleague.         That's me on my phone as always.      - Sunday, where else do you spend your easter holiday than with your family. So I spent my Easter Sunday with my Uncle and A

Lagos Cinema Palava...

Going to the cinema in Lagos, in the evening and during holidays is a "no-no". Why? - The most happen at the cinema. If you're not sitting next to a talkative, you're sitting in front of that one who has seen the movie and has come again to be a spoiler, or you're sitting behind the one who's in the cinema hall to take selfies and fiddle with his/her phone during the screening of the movie - thereby disturbing you with the phone light. Those who come late to the hall when the movie had begun, knowing so well that the hall is full and there's definitely no vacant back seat, will climb the stairs hoping to find a vacant seat, with their flashlight in your face ( and NO sorry will be said) then, they'll obstruct your view for about five, ten seconds or more as they decide whether or not to sit in front. In the end, guess what? - they'll go down the stairs to seat in front. - As I do the worst to them in my mind (Slap, Kick, Punch, Break th

Danfo Chronicle – episode 1. – “Ojota to Omole – N300,000”

Danfo Chronicles – Wait, you don’t know what danfo is? Ok, Danfo is a yellow minibus with two black stripes that emerged in the 70s and has since then been the means of commercial transportation plying virtually every route within Lagos State. How the word “Danfo” did came about? I don’t know. But some say it means “Hurry” in Yoruba. So, commuters who travel from their homes to their offices - or wherever their destination may be, sometimes engage in one conversation or the other with one another (total strangers). They talk politics, sports, social amenities, Music… (Yea! In that order). On rare occasions will you hear commuters talk fashion and movies. I’ve decided to share conversations (relevant conversations) discussed in Danfos here on my blog and to get your 2cents about whatever topic discussed. Let’s call this; Danfo Chronicle – episode 1. – “Ojota to Omole – N300,000” The other day, on my way from Ojota to Omole, I joined this